A. LOCAL STUDENTS:
The English Language Entry Requirement for Malaysian students at UNITAR International University are as follows:
For M.Ed TESL:
- A minimum of credit in English at SPM level, or,
- A minimum score of Band 3 in Malaysian University English Test (MUET), or,
- Pass an internal assessment set by the University, with a minimum score of C
Internal Assessment : An oral test in the form of interview which will be conducted by a panel of interviewers consisting of two members from each Faculty and a representative from English Language department or any other related department
Malaysian students who enroll in UNITAR Bachelor programmes must fulfill the following English proficiency requirements:
- Students who have a distinction in English Language at the SPM/SPMV level are not required to take additional English Courses
- Students who have credit in English Language at the SPM/SPMV level are required to take additional English courses
- Students who do not have a credit in English Language at the SPM/SPMV level are required to take English Enhancement Programme before registering for their Faculty courses
- Students who previously from a different institution are required to apply for exemption if they studied any English courses
|Level of Study||MUET||PLACEMENT|
|B+(3B)||Band 3||ENGLISH 3|
|B (4B), C+ (5C)||Band 3||ENGLISH 2|
|C (6C)||Band 3||ENGLISH 1|
|7D, 8E, 9G||-||English Enhancement Programme|
FOUNDATION AND DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES
Malaysian students who enroll in UNITAR Foundation and Diploma programmes are required to take ALL English courses listed in their respective programme structures, beginning with English 1 (Diploma) and Listening and Speaking Skills (Foundation).
B. INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS:
The English Language Entry Requirements for International Students at UNITAR International University are as follows:
|Level of Study||IELTS||TOEFL||UEPT|
|Undegraduate (Foundation, Diploma, Bachelor)||Band 5.0||Score 500||Score 55|
|Master||Band 6.0||Score 550||Score 65|
|PhD||Band 6.5||Score 550||Score68|
- IELTS: International English Language Testing System
- TOEFL: Test of English as a Foreign Language
- UEPT: UNITAR English Placement Test
Validity period of the IELTS or TOEFL qualification is TWO (2) years from the date of award. UNITAR does not accept any other English proficiency qualification or certificate except for the IELTS or TOEFL qualifications.
International Students who do not possess either the IELTS or TOEFL qualification (or do not have the required score band) will be required to sit for the UNITAR-administered English Placement Test (UEPT).
International Students who acquire the required score band of English based on the UEPT will be able to proceed to register for their Faculty courses.
International Students who acquire a lower score band of English based on the UEPT will be placed in the appropriate level of proficiency and are required to complete and pass an Intensive English Programme (IEP) before registering for their Faculty courses.