Programme Entry Requirements
You must meet the following requirements in order to be considered for entry to the UNITAR PhD Programme:
- A Master’s Degree or its equivalent AND candidates must graduate in computer or its equivalent either in Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree (e.g. Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering etc); OR
- Other qualifications equivalent to a master’s degree recognised by the Malaysian Government.
Candidates without a qualification in the related fields or working experience in the relevant fields must undergo appropriate prerequisite courses determined by the HEP and meet the minimum CGPA based on (i) to (ii); AND
A proposal of about 500 words in English must be submitted together with all the relevant documents required for admission to the University on the registration day.
- Note for PhD by Research
There is no direct entry from the Degree’s programme to the Doctoral level;
- Qualified Degree’s candidates who enroll for a Master’s programme, can apply to change their studies to a Doctorate programme within (1) one year after signing for Master’s programme and subject to the following provisions:
- Have demonstrated competence and capability in conducting research at Doctoral level;
- Rigorous internal assessment by UNITAR; and
- Approval from UNITAR Senate.
- Minimum score of 550 for TOEFL; OR
- Minimum score of 6.5 for IELTS; OR its equivalent
- Credit in SPM English; OR
- Pass an internal assessment (oral examination) set by the university, with a minimum grade of C. The panel of the assessment shall comprise of two senior members of the faculty / school and a representative from the English Language Department from Faculty of Education & Humanities (FEH) or other relevant department. The panel is appointed by the Dean / Director of the respective faculty / school / centers.
Local and International Students
- The Masters degree was conducted using English as medium of instruction. Proof to be obtained from the institution concerned.